Sunday, August 24, 2014

Week 1: Famous Last Words

This week I have become a blogger. I had never had a blog before this class and now I have one. Sure, my blog is for class and I don't really have completely free reign over what I post, but it's a blog none the less. I could make a blog for just me, but I don't have time for that. I don't really know what I'd talk about, anyway.

Another thing that happened this week is that I realized my creative writing skills could use quite a bit of practice. The last piece of creative writing I did was in high school. It wasn't too great then, either. I'll get to work on that quite a bit this semester. Hopefully I can get to a point where I don’t have to work too hard to get the creative juices flowing like what happened this week.

I started reading ahead for next week. I decided to read out loud to my daughter. She doesn't have a clue what I'm saying yet (she can probably just make out syllables), but studies have shown that getting started on reading early in life leads to all sorts of really good things.

I also learned that life is busier than I thought it would be. I need to create a schedule of when all of my assignments are due and when I will do them. There is just so much stuff I need to keep track of. I also need to be more realistic about how long it’ll take me to do something. I also need to find a good, quiet study spot in Enid. I was very disappointed to learn that the library, despite the stereotype of libraries, was not especially quiet (something I had never noticed before).

Overall, it’s been a good week and a good start to the semester. I’m excited for all of the things I’ll learn in the next few months.

Image Source


2 comments:

  1. Hello! This class is when I created my first blog as well! It definitely got some getting used to at first! I feel like my creative writing still needs some work! I have read one of your stories before and it was awesome! Have a great week and I look forward to reading more of your posts in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gretchen! This is also my first time to ever blog. Just like you I really like it and would like to do my own, but I don't have time either. I think it is amazing that you are reading to your daughter and I completely agree that children should start to read early on in life. Yeah. . . Libraries aren't quiet. I find that funny as well.

    ReplyDelete